Municipal Transfer Station Information - BERLIN NH
- City Engineer/Public Works Office Hours: Mon. thru Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- City Engineer’s Office Phone: (603)-752-4450 (For curbside pick-up questions)
- Curbside pick-up: Every other week. Call for specific dates for each District.
- Get Transfer Station permits ( Motor vehicle registration required) at City Hall on 1st floor – Finance Collection’s office for use at AVRRDD MRF/Transfer Station.
- Finance Collection's office is open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily; Permit questions 752-6350.
- Berlin is a member of AVRRDD.
- Televisions, computers, LCD, VCRs, DVRs, DVD players & plasma displays can now be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station. There is a charge for commercial accounts, but no charge to residents. Only the white receipt of a resident’s permit will be needed to deliver electronics.
- Cell phones are accepted at the AVRRDD Recycling center with related electronics (batteries, chargers and headsets). No permit is required.
- Effective January 1, 2008, the disposal of mercury-containing products at landfills, transfer stations and incinerators is prohibited. However, the ban does not include the recycling of these items at solid waste facilities. Fluorescent lights and other mercury-containing products such as thermometers, thermostats, electrical switches, mercury button cell batteries can be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station during normal business hours, Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Commercial customers will continue to be charged for fluorescent light bulbs at $.15 per foot and $2.50 per bulb for HID lamps with all other mercury containing devices being accepted free of charge.