Municipal Transfer Station Information
COOS COUNTY NH - for the unincorporated places listed below
- Office Hours: Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Office Phone: (603)-246-3321 –Permit requests contact Linda Harris
- County Office Location: 136 County Farm Road, Stewartstown, NH
- For the Unincorporated place of Success, Transfer Station permits can be obtained at the County office for use at AVRRDD Transfer Station. (will require license plate number)
- The following unincorporated places can use the Errol Transfer Station: Cambridge, Dix Grant, Millsfield, Second College Grant and Wentworth Location.
- Coos County is a member of AVRRDD.
- Televisions, computers, LCD & plasma displays, VCRs, DVRs, and DVD players can now be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station. There is a charge for commercial accounts, but no charge to residents. Only the white receipt of a resident’s permit will be needed to deliver electronics.
- Cell phones are accepted at the AVRRDD Recycling center with related electronics (batteries, chargers and headsets). No permit is required.
- Effective January 1, 2008, the disposal of mercury-containing products at landfills, transfer stations and incinerators is prohibited. However, the ban does not include the recycling of these items at solid waste facilities. Fluorescent lights and other mercury-containing products such as thermometers, thermostats, electrical switches, mercury button cell batteries can be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station during normal business hours, Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Commercial customers will continue to be charged for fluorescent light bulbs at $.15 per foot and $2.50 per bulb for HID lamps with all other mercury containing devices being accepted free of charge.