Municipal Transfer Station Information - GORHAM NH
- Town Clerk's Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Town Clerk's Phone: (603) 466-2744
- Effective Septempter 1, 2020: All Gorham residents will be charged $5.00 (two permits per household) for a permit to enter Gorham's Transfer Station. Must be purchased at the Gorham Town Clerk's office.
- Public Works Dept./Transfer Station Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Fri. 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Sat. 8:00 am - noon
- Public Works Phone: (603)-466-5025
- Garbage/Recycling pick-up: Biweekly pick-up of recyclables and weekly pick-up of solid waste. Schedules for pick-up available at Public Works Garage
- Permits for AVRRDD Transfer Station available at Public Works Garage during regular business hours.
- Household trash and recyclables may be dropped off at Public Works garage Transfer Station if trash/recyclable pick-up day was missed. Stop in office or check with attendant prior to dumping. Pamphlets with guidelines for drop-off available at Public Works garage.
- Gorham is a member of AVRRDD
- Televisions, computers, LCD & plasma displays, VCRs, DVRs, and DVD players can now be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station. There is a charge for commercial accounts, but no charge to residents. Only the white receipt of a resident’s permit will be needed to deliver electronics.
- Cell phones are accepted at the AVRRDD Recycling center with related electronics (batteries, chargers and headsets). No permit is required.
- Effective January 1, 2008, the disposal of mercury-containing products at landfills, transfer stations and incinerators is prohibited. However, the ban does not include the recycling of these items at solid waste facilities. Fluorescent lights and other mercury-containing products such as thermometers, thermostats, electrical switches, mercury button cell batteries can be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station during normal business hours, Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Commercial customers will continue to be charged for fluorescent light bulbs at $.15 per foot and $2.50 per bulb for HID lamps with all other mercury containing devices being accepted free of charge.