Municipal Transfer Station Information - MILAN NH
- Tax Collector/Clerk’s Office Hours: 8:00a.m. - 1:00p.m.; 2:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. Monday - Thursday
- Selectmen’s Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- Selectmen’s Office phone: (603)-449-2484
- Selectmen meetings: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Monday; every other week in summer months
- Town Clerk Office phone: (603)-449-3461
- Garbage & Recycling pick-up: Tuesday
- Cardboard/magazine/mixed paper/newspaper pick-up: 1st Wednesday of every month
- Get Transfer Station permits at either the Clerk’s office or the Selectmen’s office for use at AVRRDD Transfer Station
- Milan is a member of AVRRDD.
- Televisions, computers, LCD & plasma displays, VCRs, DVRs, and DVD players can now be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station. There is a charge for commercial accounts, but no charge to residents. Only the white receipt of a resident’s permit will be needed to deliver electronics.
- Cell phones are accepted at the AVRRDD Recycling center with related electronics (batteries, chargers and headsets). No permit is required.
- Effective January 1, 2008, the disposal of mercury-containing products at landfills, transfer stations and incinerators is prohibited. However, the ban does not include the recycling of these items at solid waste facilities. Fluorescent lights and other mercury-containing products such as thermometers, thermostats, electrical switches, mercury button cell batteries can be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station during normal business hours, Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Commercial customers will continue to be charged for fluorescent light bulbs at $.15 per foot and $2.50 per bulb for HID lamps with all other mercury containing devices being accepted free of charge.