Municipal Transfer Station Information
- Town Office hours: Mon.-Wed. 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Friday: 8a.m. - 4p.m.
- Town Office Phone: (603) 636-1450
- Town Garage Location: 157 Brown Rd.
- Town Garage Phone: 636-2551
- Northumberland Transfer Station hours of operation & curbside pickup: Tuesday & Friday 10-6 & Saturday 8-4
- Town Transfer Station Location: 159 Brown Rd.
- Town Transfer Station Phone: (603) 636-2456
- Town Transfer Station stickers available at Town Office or Transfer Station for a fee.
- Northumberland is a member of AVRRDD
- Televisions, computers, LCD & plasma displays, VCRs, DVRs, and DVD players can now be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station. There is a charge for commercial accounts, but no charge to residents. Only the white receipt of a resident’s permit will be needed to deliver electronics.
- Cell phones are accepted at the AVRRDD Recycling center with related electronics (batteries, chargers and headsets). No permit is required.
- Effective January 1, 2008, the disposal of mercury-containing products at landfills, transfer stations and incinerators is prohibited. However, the ban does not include the recycling of these items at solid waste facilities. Fluorescent lights and other mercury-containing products such as thermometers, thermostats, electrical switches, mercury button cell batteries can be brought to the AVRRDD Transfer Station during normal business hours, Tuesday through Saturday from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Commercial customers will continue to be charged for fluorescent light bulbs at $.15 per foot and $2.50 per bulb for HID lamps with all other mercury containing devices being accepted free of charge.